There are lots of ways City Schools delivers information to families, including social media (Twitter, Vimeo, and Facebook). When communicating with City Schools on social media, you are agreeing to the district's Social Media Customer Use Guidelines.
Facebook and other Social Media Use:
Baltimore City Public Schools (City Schools) engages the public through many digital outlets, including baltimorecityschools.org. Communicating with City Schools through social media further enables the public to contact the district in a direct and meaningful way.
Please be aware that when engaging with City Schools on social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on City Schools Social Media Sites
- City Schools shares information, images, and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by district personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment parameters described here. Comments should be related to the posted topic for the district’s social media page or post. City Schools’ social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website. For general comments or questions, please contact the engagement office at 410-545-1870.
- Comments posted by users will be reviewed by district personnel. If, in the reasonable judgment of district personnel, a comment or post contains prohibited content, it will be deleted. The following are prohibited:
- The use of obscene, threatening, or harassing language.
- Bullying, intimidation, or harassment of any user.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.
- Hate speech.
- Content that is threatening or pornographic, or that incites violence.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (comments, photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official City Schools pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website's TOS.
- City Schools’ social media accounts are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- These Customer Use Guidelines are subject to amendment or modification at any time.
User Created Content
- Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official City Schools site where the district allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in these Customer Use Guidelines and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
- Content posted to City Schools’ social media sites is public and viewable by everyone who can see the site.
- Information you share on City Schools’ social media sites can be copied and/or re-shared by anyone who can see it. City Schools may use information you post on or off the social media site.
Please email Communications with any questions.