Skip to main content
Open all alerts
UPDATE: Network security and use of computers 

Effective immediately, staff and students may now use their personal devices to access virtual learning and other tools. We ask all users to continue to avoid using Baltimore County schools devices to access City Schools resources. You may use asynchronous online platforms that we know are secure, such as iReady, Imagine Math, Amplify online, etc. 

We also ask all users to avoid opening emails from suspicious sources. For security, we have blocked all emails coming from Baltimore County, and ITD is monitoring all incoming emails for suspicious messages. If you receive a suspicious email, do not open it and report the occurrence to

Expires on 11/30

Nonresidents of Baltimore City

Welcome to City Schools!

Students who don't live in Baltimore City can enroll in any of our schools, but only after all city residents have been enrolled. This applies to all city schools, including charters and schools with entrance criteria.



If you're accepted into a city school as a nonresident, you will need to pay tuition. The amount is determined each year by the Board of School Commissioners.

Payment can be made in full or through a monthly payment plan and must be accompanied by a payment authorization form. (For questions, contact the Finance Office.)

Tuition waivers

You can request a tuition waiver if:

  • Your household has suffered from undue hardship (financial or otherwise) or
  • The student’s parent or legal guardian is a City Schools employee.

If you're requesting a waiver because of hardship, contact Enrollment, Choice, and Transfers at 410-396-8600. If your request for a waiver is approved, you'll need to reapply for the next school year. You can apply for a waiver at any point in the school year.

If you're a City Schools employee who lives outside of Baltimore City, dependent child tuition waivers are available as a benefit of employment. Please note that contractual and temporary employees are not eligible. The first step is to enroll your child in City Schools by contacting Enrollment, Choice, and Transfers at 410-396-8600. Once you've enrolled your child, submit the Employee Dependent Child Tuition Waiver form through eForms

While tuition waiver requests can be submitted throughout the year, employees should submit the request as early as possible.