Skip to main content

Meals and Menus

Watch Video

City Schools’ emphasis on student wholeness extends to the school cafeteria. Our food service staff are committed to nourishing our students with healthy free meals, deepening their connections to the food system, and to connecting with partners to meet families’ needs in creative ways. 

For the 2021-2021 school year, we are glad to be back serving breakfast, lunch, snack and supper in our schools. Students enrolled in the Virtual Learning Program will be able to pick up grab-and-go meals at pre-designated sites. School staff interested in snack and supper for their sites can find more information here. Staff and families interested in details on our Farm to School commitment can find more information here.


City Schools provides healthy breakfast and lunch options to all students for free. Supper and snacks are also available at many sites.

Take a look at the menus below to see what's being served this month!

We are committed to working with school leaders to ensure our operations meet their communities’ needs. For breakfast, for example, some schools serve food in the cafeteria, whereas others allow students to pick up food on their way into school or eat breakfast in the classroom. Free supper and snacks are provided to students participating in supervised school-based after-school activities. 

View menus


Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, & Snack

View menus

Menus (Spanish)

Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, & Snack

City and State Resources
City-Wide Food Support in Baltimore City 

Visit to learn about food-related supports for children, including meal distribution at non-school sites; grocery and produce box distribution and home delivery; and more. More information for emergency food resources for adults can be found here.  

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP, formerly known as “food stamps,” offers some families assistance with food purchases. To see if you are eligible, visit this webpage of the Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS). To apply for SNAP, call the DHS Call Center at 1-800-332-6347 (TTY 1-800-735-2258), 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. 

Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Card 

Department of Human Services (DHS) issues the P-EBT benefit and all inquiries, announcement and updates should be directed to

Baltimore City Schools does not process, issue, or distribute PEBT cards or payments.  Any information on current or new benefits will be announced on the DHS website, 

  • In order for parents to get the PEBT cards and benefits, the students must be enrolled in a Baltimore City School (except for children under 6).
  • If the parent has not received a PEBT card for a child, they need to complete the Customer Inquiry Form on the DHS website below.

Parents can contact DHS in the following ways:

If you received a P-EBT card already, don’t throw it away, in case additional P-EBT benefits are approved. If you have newly enrolled or transferred to City Schools, please ensure that your child’s school has an accurate mailing address. 

Food Allergies

With parental, cafeteria, and school staff cooperation, City Schools Food & Nutrition Services is committed to accommodating students with food allergies. 

Follow prompts on the Nutrition and Allergen Information website for details about every item served in City Schools meals

Many meal accommodations require medical documentation. To request special meal accommodations return the Diet Prescription Form

Special meal accommodations
Many meal accommodations require medical documentation. To request special meal accommodations return the Diet Prescription Form  or required information to Food & Nutrition Services staff at the school where students pick up meals. ENGLISH | SPANISH

Farm to School

Food & Nutrition Services’ Farm to School program promotes experiential education that connects students to nature and food systems.

Wellness Policy

The Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners (“Board”) is committed to fostering school environments that promote student health, well-being, and the ability to learn. Along with a comprehensive wellness education, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to make healthy choices as they grow into adulthood. This Wellness, Nutrition, and Physical Activity policy (“WNPAP”) sets guidelines for health education, nutrition education and promotion, physical education, physical activity, nutrition standards, behavioral health services, and school-based wellness activities.

Maryland Nutrition Standards for All Food Sold in Schools

USDA Food and Nutrition Services nutrition assistance programs, State or local agencies, and subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement: 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: