LAST UPDATED: September 2, 2021
The schools listed below will close or have early dismissal on extremely hot days, or that feel warmer due to a combination of heat and humidity. Schools not listed below have air-conditioning (but may dismiss early, if their systems require repair that cannot be completed within one day).
To find your school's dismissal time, please visit the school's profile page.
These schools will be closed for in-person learning on extremely hot days.
- Baltimore City College
- Benjamin Franklin High School at Masonville Cove
- City Springs Elementary/Middle School
- Collington Square Elementary/Middle School
- Cross Country Elementary/Middle School
- Curtis Bay Elementary/Middle School
- Elementary Middle Alternative Program @ PDC
- Eutaw-Marshburn Elementary School
- Franklin Square Elementary/Middle School
- Furley Elementary School
- Harlem Park Elementary/Middle School
- Johnston Square Elementary School
- Montebello Elementary/Middle School @ PDC
- National Academy Foundation
- New Era Academy
- Northwood Elementary School
- Vanguard Collegiate Middle School
- Windsor Hills Elementary/Middle School
- Yorkwood Elementary School
- The Mount Washington School (lower building)
The following schools have air conditioning that is currently under repair and will be closed for in-person learning on extremely hot days.
- Booker T. Washington Middle School
- Excel Academy
- Renaissance Academy
- Rosemont Elementary/Middle School
- Westport Academy
City Schools does not plan to install air-conditioning for these schools and alternative programs, because their buildings are not owned by the district: