Skip to main content

Meals and Menus

Watch Video




City Schools provides healthy breakfast and lunch options to all students for free. Supper and snacks are also available at many sites to students participating in supervised school-based after-school activities. We are committed to working with school leaders to ensure our operations meet their communities’ needs. Take a look at the menus below to see what's being served this month!


View menus


Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, & Snack

Nutrition & Allergen Information

With collaboration of families, cafeteria staff, and other school staff, FNS is committed to accommodating all students’ nutritional needs.

Visit the Nutrition and Allergen Information website, and navigate to menus, to find nutritional details about every item served in City Schools meals. Use the “Special Meal Accommodations” button at the top to filter menus by allergens.

To request meal accommodations, contact the FNS staff at your school. If medical documentation is required, complete and submit to FNS staff the Diet Prescription Form (ENGLISH | SPANISH).


Farm to School

Did you know our department operates a farm?! Based at Great Kids Farm, FNS’s Farm to School program promotes experiential education that connects students to nature and food systems. For more information on free offerings for City Schools staff, students, and families, visit our Farm to School homepage.



The Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners (“Board”) is committed to fostering school environments that promote student health, well-being, and the ability to learn. Along with a comprehensive wellness education, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to make healthy choices as they grow into adulthood. This Wellness, Nutrition, and Physical Activity policy (“WNPAP”) sets guidelines for health education, nutrition education and promotion, physical education, physical activity, nutrition standards, behavioral health services, and school-based wellness activities. In accordance with the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA) of 2010, City Schools has made this policy public and will continue to report on its implementation every three years.


Other Food Access Resources for Families (P-EBT, SNAP, etc.)

Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Card

Please see the Department of Human Services (DHS) P-EBT website for all inquiries, eligibility information and updates. Baltimore City Schools does not process, issue, or distribute P-EBT cards or payments. Parents can contact DHS in the following ways:

If you received a P-EBT card already, don’t throw it away, as additional amounts will be placed on these cards. If you believe your P-EBT card had the incorrect amount or may have been mailed to an incorrect address, please complete the DHS Customer Inquiry Form. Additionally, please ensure that your address is accurate at your child’s school. If you have newly enrolled or transferred to City Schools, please ensure that your child’s school has an accurate mailing address. 

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP, formerly known as “food stamps,” offers some families assistance with food purchases. To see if you are eligible, visit this webpage of the Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS). To apply for SNAP, call the DHS Call Center at 1-800-332-6347 (TTY 1-800-735-2258), 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Other Resources

  • is Baltimore’s city-wide directory, listing resources including food pantries and other free food distribution sites. 
  • To learn to make simple recipes using fresh produce, check out our video playlist featuring local farmers and chefs. 



Snack & Supper & Summer Meal Registration

School staff interested in registering for snack and supper service for their site should visit this page. School staff interested in registering for summer meal service for their site should visit this page.

USDA Food and Nutrition Services nutrition assistance programs, State or local agencies, and subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement: 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: