April 5, 2022
For Immediate Release
Announcements and Press Releases
It's almost time to enroll your child in pre-k or kindergarten! As free, all-day-pre-k becomes accessible to more students, there are a few changes this year. Many more families will now qualify for early enrollment to pre-k because of changes to the income requirements.
Priority 1 children
- Are four years old by September 1 and
- Are considered income-eligible or are homeless or receive special education services
- All priority 1 children are eligible for City Schools pre-k. If space is full at your neighborhood school, we will find a place for your child at another location as close as possible to your home. To be considered low income, you will need to provide proof of income dated within the past 30 days.
Priority 2 children
- Are four years old by September 1 but
- Are not considered income-eligible, are not homeless, or do not receive special education services
- Priority 2 children can attend where space is available. Enrollment for priority 2 families is on a first-come, first-served basis, so plan to submit your registration early!
- April 25 for Priority 1 families
- June 27 for Priority 2 families