This page provides information about all leave options available to employees.
Employees will be granted paid leave for up to 10 days (outside of their regular, accrued leave) if:
In other cases, if an employee is sick or must quarantine due to COVID exposure outside of work, they should use their accrued leave time allocated for this purpose. No unvaccinated employee who has been a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID should report to work and no employee should ever report to work sick.
If needed, staff members who have chosen to participate in their union's sick bank may also make a request to the sick bank. In addition, the district offers staff members without accrued leave the opportunity to request a leave advance.
For questions, please contact Human Capital.
Starting March 1, 2021, all leave applications should only be submitted electronically and supporting documentation should be uploaded to your application.
Before filling out the application, please be sure understand the requirements for the type of leave you’re requesting and have the appropriate documents ready to upload. Information about the different types of leaves are available below and in your union handbook.
Each leave type has different forms of required verifications. Make sure to have your documentation ready to upload before filling out the request form.
1. Click on “Online Leaves Request.”
2. Complete all required fields.
3. For FMLA requests: Have the medical certification form completed by your physician prior to submitting the online request. It is your responsibility to ensure a complete certification is submitted. Please keep a copy of your submission for your own personal records.
4. For other leave requests: Upload supporting documents.
5. Read the FMLA Acknowledgement and click "Yes" to proceed
6. Sign the Electronic Consent by entering your employee number.
7. Select the option to receive a receipt and you’re done!