The meal and learning packet site at City Neighbors Hamilton will be closed on Friday, April 10. Please check out our Health Updates webpage for more information.
Learn college-level content — and have the chance to earn college credit — in many subjects.
• Advanced Placement courses are offered at more than 20 high schools (browse schools here)
• International Baccalaureate is offered at Baltimore City College
• Students at all high schools can earn college credits (tuition free) through partnerships with Baltimore City Community College, University of Baltimore, and other local colleges. Ask at your school for information.
• Students at Bard High School Early College earn credits up to an associate's degree during their last two years of high school.
• At Carver Vocational-Technical High School, Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, and New Era Academy, students in our Pathways in Technology Early College High Schools (P-TECH) graduate after six years with a high school diploma, tuition-free associate degree, and first-in-line status for jobs in leading industries.
With CTE, you can build skills hands-on and earn industry certifications in
- Arts, media, and communication
- Business, management, and finance
- Consumer services, hospitality, and tourism
- Environmental, agriculture, and natural resources
- Health and biosciences
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Manufacturing, engineering, and technology
Some science classes will have dissection activities. If your child does not want to participate in a dissection activity, you have the right to request an alternative option. Talk to your child's teacher for more information.
High schools offer many different programs to add to regular classroom learning. Athletics, clubs, music, tutoring, internships, and other activities teach important skills — and help students find their own voices through activities that matter to them. Ask at your school about what’s available and take advantage of every opportunity!
All high school students use Naviance, an online tool for planning next steps after high school. Naviance supports students in thinking about their strengths, what careers might be right for them, and how to set and meet college and career goals. When it’s time for college applications, Naviance can help students identify which colleges may be right for them and keep applications on track.