Individual schools and the district appreciate the generous support of the many individuals and organizations who give resources and funds to support our students' success. Donations can take many forms.
- New items or used items in good condition: Popular donations include sports equipment, musical instruments, uniforms, coats, backpacks, and school supplies
- Professional services: Popular support includes graphic design and marketing, bookkeeping and accounting, landscaping, and painting
- Use of space: Includes donating meeting space for large groups, admission into cultural institutions, and workplace visits
- Money, gift cards, or gift certificates
If you're interested in making a donation, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Donations must be given in accordance with the Standards of Acceptance identified in Board policy - KCD (Public Gifts and Donations).
- Please be aware that donations of a certain amount may require Board approval prior to acceptance.
- Check with the individual school to determine whether they have need for the items or services you wish to donate. You can also view the school request directory in our online PIE Portal. City Schools is a district partner with DonorsChoose. School-based and classroom donation requests are also featured on this website for direct support to schools.
- Storage and transportation are limited. Please plan to cover the delivery and distribution of items associated with your donation.
- To speak with a member of the partnership team about your donation specifications or requirements, contact the Engagement department at email@example.com.
Information for staff:
- PIE Portal Resource Hub: Our PIE resource hub includes how-to guides, training videos, updates, and more resources to help you navigate PIE.
- To request Board approval for donations of $5K or more, use this Donation Approval Request Form. Please submit the request at least two weeks prior to when the decision is needed.
- Contact the City Schools PIE Portal team for technical assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org (for staff)
- Contact Monique Simms, Partnerships Manager, for general donation questions: email@example.com