GPEMS Welcome Letter 2017-2018
Dear Parents and Families,
On behalf of the staff at Grove Park Elementary/Middle School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college.
The first day of school this year will be Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Our school day begins at 7:45am and ends at 2:25pm. All students will be met on the blacktop on the first day by their teachers, administrators, and support staff with signs indicating grade and teacher’s name. Enclosed you will find your child’s grade, homeroom assignment, and supply list. Please make sure students arrive promptly and are prepared for learning!
Grove Parke Elementary/Middle School is a uniform school and each student is required to wear the uniform each and every day without EXCEPTION. SCHOOL UNIFORMS ARE TO BE WORN EVERY DAY BEGINNING WITH THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. Please see the enclosed uniform sheet for your child’s required uniform.
The wonderful Grove Park Elementary/Middle School staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you this school year.
Tracye Carter, Principal