George Washington Elementary School is a neighborhood public school that serves the Pigtown/Washington Village community. We have a talented, committed, and caring staff that live our core values of of Mutual Respect, Partnership, Passionate Professional, Results-Oriented, and Continuous Learning each and every day.School Snapshot
- Serves students from Pre-K to 5th Grade
- Population: Approximately 275 students
- Full gymnasium
- Weinberg Foundation Library
- Outdoor playground
- Laptop carts
- After School Program: Paul’s Place After 3
- Music Program
Beginning of the 2018-2019 School Year:
- All students in grades pre-kindergarten to fifth will eat a hot breakfast in the cafeteria.
- Breakfast will be served between 7:30 AM and 7:45 AM.
- Baltimore City Public Schools will open for students on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Our school will open at 7:45 AM. Students and families will meet on the blacktop next to the playground. Teachers will be holding visible signs with class rosters for students to line up according to class and grade. On the opening day of school, we will review entry procedure and process for all students.
- School will dismiss at 2:25 PM. All early dismissal requires proper documentation and picture identification.
Photo ID Visitor System:
- For purposes of safety, a friendly reminder that all visitors entering the building must present valid photo identification. As such, please be prepared with photo ID on the first day of school.