City Schools Student Media Team
Opportunity: Seeking members to join the City Schools Student Media Team! We will provide you with a real-world experience in media and contribute to district communications by telling stories from schools and communities. Work will be shown on Baltimore City Public Schools district website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and Education Channel 77.
Positions: Seeking high school students in grades 9-12 to join our current team! No prior experience necessary!
***If you are interested in the media team, please email program supervisor, Jim Mahjoubian, email@example.com, for additional options.***
- Camera- Photo and Video
- Graphic Designers
Student Media Team will:
- Become a voice for students by finding stories that matter. Share your perspective on the issues and accomplishments facing students, the school district, schools, and communities.
- Contribute to news reports, TV shows, photo stories, and promotional spots while under the professional supervision of the City Schools communications team.
- Perform on-camera and record voiceovers for stories.
- Take and submit photos for use on social media/district websites.
- Create graphic designs
- Dress in professional attire when doing on-camera work.
- Participate in exclusive meetings twice a month at 200 E. North Ave.
- Meet industry professionals in broadcasting, media production, design, and journalism.
- Access to state of the art cameras, computers, and software.
- Learn real-world, college, and career skills in the field of media production.
- Earn service learning hours!
- Enhance your resume and portfolios and open the door to future opportunities, internships, and jobs.
- We are looking for students with energy, passion, and willingness to represent City Schools to their fullest capabilities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak clearly, and communicate effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff and public during productions.
Upon Selection: City Schools communications staff will contact you when selected, by September 28.
- A celebratory first meeting/orientation will be held on October 3 at 2:00 p.m. at 200 E. North Ave., room 301. Participants will hear an overview of the program, discuss projects, and set goals/expectations. Food will be served.