June 29, 2023
For Immediate Release
Announcements and Press Releases
UPDATE: Managing air quality at summer learning sites
The Baltimore City Health Department has issued a code red (unhealthy) for air quality in response to the impact of the Canadian wildfires on our region. City Schools has issued the following guidance to its summer learning sites:
- Students should stay indoors. Outdoor activities should be canceled.
- Students and staff located at schools without air conditioning should wear masks. The Operations Office has delivered masks to the schools on the non-air conditioning list. (https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/ac).
- Keep windows and doors closed.
- Field trips to outdoor spaces (field, park, etc.) should be canceled. Field trips to indoor spaces, such as museums, should continue as scheduled.
- Air purifiers should be turned on high and operable. Please keep air scrubbers in gyms, cafeterias, and other available spaces.