Annual Operating Budget
Download... (files in PDF format )
- Operating budget for 2018-19 | Español: Presupuesto operative para 2018-19
- Information about Title I funds
- Title I allocations for individual schools
FY19 budget highlights
* Funding for literacy coaches for 20 schools, focused on helping teachers improve students' abilities in reading, writing, speaking, and listening — part of City Schools' blueprint for success
* Funding for staff members at 20 schools to support students socially and emotionally, helping them build confidence, positive relationships, and successful communities for teaching and learning — also part of the district's blueprint
* New funding for schools that serve large numbers of students from low-income households
* More than $35 million for pre-k programs, continuing our commitment to providing great opportunities for our youngest learners
* $21 million for programs to support students who are learning English
* $23 million for building maintenance
* 16 new staff members for preventive maintenance, including for heating systems
Read more about...
Past year budgets
The documents linked below are in PDF format
- 2017-18 (FY18) operating budget* | Presupuesto operativo 2017-18* and FY18 financial statement
- 2016-17 (FY17) operating budget and FY17 financial statement
- 2015-16 (FY16) operating budget and companion to the budget document
For more information or other past years' budget documents, contact the budget department in City Schools' Finance Office.
* Financial recovery plan
At the outset of developing the FY18 operating budget, City Schools identified a structural budget gap exceeding $100 million. The gap was closed through cost-cutting and provision of additional resources from the city and state.
As part of House Bill 684 passed during the 2017 General Session, the Maryland General Assembly required the Board of School Commissioners to prepare a financial recovery plan for the district , which was submitted to the city and state on August 1, 2017.