September 14, 2021
Announcements and Press Releases
Applications now open for CEO Youth Leadership Advisory Council
City Schools’ CEO Youth Leadership Advisory Council (YLAC) is now accepting applications for middle and high school students and recent alumni to participate on this year’s council.
City Schools’ CEO’s YLAC is a student leadership advisory council that meets regularly to discuss various student related policies, issues, and provide student (youth) perspective and input to the CEO of Baltimore City Public Schools and district leadership. CEO’s YLAC will consist of diverse student/youth representatives across Baltimore City and our respective school communities.
Link to application: http://bit.ly/CEOYLAC2122.
We are looking for student/youth representatives from diverse backgrounds and lived experience such as;
- Student Member of Board Commissioner - 1 Rep
- Associated Student Council of Baltimore City/ Student Government Association (ASCBC/SGA) – 2 Reps
- Baltimore City Youth Commissioner (BCYC) – 2 Reps
- Alternative Option Placement/ Re-Engaged School students – 2 Reps
- Middle School students – 2 Reps
- High School students – 2 Reps
- BCPS Alumni Reps/ Recent Graduate -1 or 2 Reps
- English Learning Student Reps -2 Reps
- LGBTQIA+ Youth Reps -2 Reps
- Student/Youth Led Org Reps – 2 Reps
- Youth Focused Org Reps – 2 Reps
- Neuro diverse/ Special Education Student Reps – 2 Reps
- Other – 1 Rep
Application: Are now live and application process are open until positions are filled. Link to application: http://bit.ly/CEOYLAC2122
Timeline: Oct 2021 – May 2022
Mtg Frequency: 1-2 meetings per month during after school hours at District Office, Room 316, 200 E. North Ave, Baltimore, MD, 21202. Virtual meetings are an option as well.
Compensation: Youth members on the council will be compensated for their participation. Amount TBD
Point of Contact: Rashad Staton, Youth Engagement Specialist, email@example.com, 4433018166