• Requests for student transcripts

    High school principals and assistant principals

    High schools must maintain cumulative files for all active/inactive students from school year 2000-01 onward and must fulfill official transcript requests for those years. Official requests include subpoenas, requests from a graduate, and requests from the parent of a graduate (as long as the request includes a signed document from the student). Schools can use this request form template and customize it as necessary. Schools may charge a small fee for student transcript services, but it is recommended that the fee be no more than $5.00.

    Transcripts are available in SMS for students who completed high school between 2001 and 2016 (see guidance). For students completing high school after 2016, transcripts are available within Infinite Campus from the Student Information tab by clicking on “General” and then “Transcript.”

    For student records and transcripts prior to school year 2000-01, requests should be directed to student records.

    For questions, email Ben Goldberg in the Achievement and Accountability Office at btgoldberg@bcps.k12.md.us.
    Click here for other items in the January 19, 2017 Leadership Action Update.