Mentor Selection for the 2016-2017 School year
All Principals | Deadline: June 13In order to ensure new teachers are supported by a peer mentor in the 2016-17SY, all principals must complete this online form identifying their school’s mentor(s) for all teachers who are non-tenured in their first through third years by Monday, June 13.
Highly qualified mentors should meet the following qualifications:
- Member of BTU, not to participate in any formal evaluation of a mentee
- Tenured teacher in Baltimore City Public Schools
- Hold at least a Standard Professional Certificate (Advanced Professional Certificate preferred)
- Have at least five (5) years of satisfactory teaching experience
- Member of the Instructional Leadership Team (Highly recommended)
New this year
Mentors must also:
- Attend and participate in all professional learning and support activities facilitated by New Teacher Center (NTC) which includes: Summer Mentor Academy (July), three 2-day sessions throughout the year, and four 3-hour after school forums, and ongoing support during the school year.
For questions, please email Shanna Warburton-Barnes in the Office of Teacher Support and Development.