Board of School Commissioners
The Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners has 10 members: nine volunteer members and one student member. The Board’s legal mandates are outlined in the Education Article of the Code of Public General Laws of Maryland (sections 4-303 and 4-306 ) and include increasing student achievement and ensuring the efficient and effective management of resources.
The Board Office provides managerial, administrative, and operational support to the Board, oversees management and implementation of the district’s legislative agenda, and serves as the point of contact for intergovernmental affairs.
200 E. North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Christian Gant, board executive officer (email)
- Tenesha Moore, executive assistant (email)
- Dawana Sterrette, director, legislative and government affairs (email)
- email@example.com (for general inquiries)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for policy questions)
- BudgetComments@bcps.k12.md.us (for budget questions and inquiries)
- email@example.com (for appeal inquiries)