Students must be up to date with these immunizations to be enrolled in and attend school:
- Two doses of varicella (chicken pox) are required for kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades.
- One dose each of Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines are required for 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th grades.
Here are resources if your child needs immunizations (also called "vaccinations" or, sometimes, "shots"):
Call your child’s health care provider. He or she can fill out this form (or generate a form like this by computer), which you can bring to your child's school. Visit a Baltimore City Health Department clinic or call 410-396-4454.
If your child attends one of these schools, he or she can visit the school's health center:
- Augusta Fells Savage Institute of Visual Arts
- City Springs Elementary/Middle School
- Collington Square Elementary/Middle School
- Digital Harbor High School
- Forest Park High School
- Harford Heights Elementary School
- KIPP Harmony Academy
- Mergenthaler Vocational-Technical High Schools
- New Era Academy
- Patterson High School
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School
- Tench-Tilghman Elementary/Middle School
- The REACH! Partnership School
- Vanguard Collegiate Middle School
- William S. Baer School
Check with your child's school for additional information or assistance.
If your child is up to date with required immunizations, then you simply need to provide those records to your child’s school.
Important forms and other resources: