Early Admission Waiver to Pre-k
Children who turn four between September 2 and October 15 and are low-income, are homeless or receive special education services can apply to attend City Schools pre-k by following the steps below.The window to apply for early admission for the 2018-19 school year is between August 1 and 15.
Early admission process for neighborhood schools
- Fill out the registration form and paperwork required for all incoming pre-k students
- Complete the Parent Checklist for Early Admission to Pre-k
- Bring documents in person to City Schools' district office, Early Learning Programs, Room 308, 200 E. North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21202
- Early learning staff will review the documentation with the parents/guardians and have them sign a statement indicating they understand their child will not be automatically eligible for the following year
- After verifying the child's eligibility, staff will give the parents/guardians a Pre-k Early Admission Eligibility Form to take to their neighborhood school