Great Kids Farm would not exist without the passion and enthusiasm of a cadre of committed volunteers. Join us!
There are many ways to contribute your time, including:
- Leading tours for adults or children
- Helping with field trip activities – including tastings, planting, and harvesting
- Working in the fields
- Light construction work
- Ornamental landscape maintenance – weeding, trimming, planting
- Processing Farm to School produce destined for City Schools’ cafeterias
- Helping in the kitchen – cleaning, organizing, prepping food
- Office and administrative work
- And many other opportunities!
Volunteer experiences are most successful when the expectations of volunteers and the host organization are met. Below are ways volunteers can help us maximize their experience:
- Visit the Farm and meet with the Volunteer Coordinator – Take a tour of the Farm, ask some questions, and see if Great Kids Farm is somewhere you want to invest your time. We would love to meet you!
- Try it out – If you’re interested in volunteering to lead school field trip lessons, we invite you to shadow some of our experienced volunteers for the first few sessions. If you’re interested in working in the kitchen or outside with the plants, we’ll set you up with the right people who can give you the best introduction to volunteering at the Farm.
- Tell us more about you so that we can make a good volunteer match: Before coming to the farm, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org