For students who attend neighborhood or citywide non-charter schools, City Schools provides transportation based on the distance from home to school:
In addition, students who live closer to their schools than the distances noted above may be eligible for transportation services if they
- Elementary school students who live more than 1 mile from their neighborhood school receive yellow bus service.
- Middle school students who live more than 1.5 miles from their neighborhood or citywide school selected through middle school choice receive a One Card for use on the MTA.
- High school students who live more than 1.5 miles from their citywide school selected through high school choice receive a One Card for use on the MTA.
- Do not have a safe route to walk
- Have an Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Are homeless
- Receive English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) services
- Are in pre-k
- Have 504 plans
School bus service may also transport students and staff to and from extracurricular activities. Transportation is not provided by the district for students who attend charter schools. If your child attends a charter school, check with the school to find out if any transportation services are available.
Read more about
For more information, contact the transportation coordinator at your school or call City Schools at 443-984-2000.