Office of Human Capital
Dr. Kimberly Lewis, Human Capital Officer
Welcome to Baltimore City Public Schools
The Office of Human Capital strives to provide personal and professional resources to all employees of the Baltimore City School District in an effort to provide the highest quality service to students, parents and community members. With today’s changing environment, an investment in employees is essential to the success of our organization. The skills, knowledge, and education that you possess have an impact on increasing student achievement no matter what position you are currently in. Whether you're a tenured employee or just beginning your career with City Schools, we have compiled helpful resources to best support you.
Office of Human Capital's Mission:
1. Attract and hire highly effective candidates in all roles.
2. Retain highly effective people in all roles.
3. Lead the district in organization excellence and investment in talent development.
4. Model positive district culture and exceptional customer service.
5. Think strategically and operate proactively and efficiently.
Visit one of the following pages to learn more about:
For information about certification requirements from MSDE and the re-certification process for educators in Maryland.
For information about pay scales (by union affiliation) and the salary review process for City Schools employees.
For information about how to update or request employee information and how to use Human Capital management systems.