Coppin State University and Rosemont Elementary/Middle School are more than a partnership, we are close knit family. Last year when programs were cut from the city, Coppin provided Rosemont with programs and services, which enabled our school to soar.
Some of these include:
- Professional Development Workshops and Ongoing Teacher Support
- CSU student teachers assisting classroom teachers
- Supplemental academic support for students through an extended day program and the CSU Saturday School
- Summer enrichment programs
- Science-Oriented partnerships with U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Invitations to Coppin’s cultural and athletic events
- GED and Parenting programs at RosemontAcquisition of computers/software/library books and textbooks
- School beautification/repair projects
- Identification of grants and funds to augment school’s budget
- Extended Day Program
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Student mentors for children at high risk
- An after school part-time clerical worker
We are grateful to be a part of the Coppin State University family.
Chancellor Kirwan (Maryland University System)
and President Avery (Coppin State University)
visit Rosemont to celebrate our scores.
Students from Polytechnic Institute (Baltimore, MD)
visits with Rosemont students.