If your child will be five years old by September 1 and you're ready to register for kindergarten, you're in the right place. Welcome!
High-quality early education provides a strong foundation for later success in school. In pre-k, children begin to discover and understand new information in the world around them, building skills they will use throughout their lives. And, in the group setting of the early learning classroom, they develop social and emotional skills.
How to register
- All children who turn five by September 1 are required by law to attend school. Learn more about kindergarten eligibility, including information about early admission and delaying kindergarten. Kindergarten registration for the 2016-17 school year opens on April 4.
- Locate your neighborhood school and find out about charter schools that might be right for your child and family.
- To register for kindergarten at your neighborhood school, fill out the registration form. (Contact charter schools directly to find out about their application procedures.)
- Gather the neccessary paperwork, including
- Take the completed form and your paperwork to your neighborhood school after April 4.