The Office of Internal Audits assists the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners (the Board) and CEO in fulfilling their fiduciary oversight duties and responsibilities relating to compliance with Maryland Education Article sections 4-303 and 4-304 by:
- Bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of City Schools risk management, control and governance processes
- Performing high-quality independent audits, analyses and evaluations of City Schools operations, activities, programs and information systems to assess and report the extent to which established objectives are being achieved
- Providing timely value-added recommendations and advisory services to the Board and City Schools executive management in order to improve the overall performance of City Schools operations, activities, programs and information systems
E. Darrell Hope, CIA, CBM, CRMA
Phone 410-545-6266; email
Olympia A. Scatliffe, CPA, MPA, CRMA, CICA
Phone 410-396-8851; email
For anyone who wishes to express concern about or report suspected illegal or inappropriate activity on the part of a City Schools employee, the Fraud Hotline at 1-800-679-0185 provides an anonymous, safe, reliable and convenient reporting method. The service is available 24 hours a day.
Examples of illegal or inappropriate conduct include
- Theft, fraud or other dishonesty
- Violence or threatening behavior
- Substance abuse
- Safety issues
- Violations of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
These matters can also be reported to City Schools' Investigative Unit or online.