Board of School Commissioners: Mission, Vision, Goals and Priorities
Excellence in education for every child at every level by focusing on quality instruction, managing systems efficiently, and sustaining a culture of excellence
Every student will graduate ready to achieve excellence in higher education and the global workforce
Goals and prioritiesGoalsPriorities
1. All students will achieve high standards and annual growth that lead them to graduate, prepared to be independent, creative, contributing members of society. 1. City Schools will have quality curricula and instruction that provide rigor, engage students, raise the bar and deliver targeted interventions to increase learning. 2. All students will benefit from transformational leadership at all levels of the organization that ensures the success of district initiatives and sustains a culture of excellence that leads to academic success. 2a. City Schools will create an environment where staff find meaning and feel supported in the pursuit of improved student achievement.
2b. City Schools will excel in recruiting, developing and retaining highly effective staff at all levels.
3. All students will learn in environments that embody a culture and climate of excellence, mutual respect and safety. 3a. City Schools will have a respectful culture and climate, and a collaborative environment that supports student achievement.
3b. City Schools will have high-quality, modernized facilities that show respect for staff and students.
4. All students will benefit from increased family and community engagement that builds resources and opportunities for student success. 4a. City Schools and all schools will partner with families, communities and the public and private sectors to foster shared ownership of schools and to collectively create opportunities for student success.
4b. City Schools and all schools will more deeply engage parents in their students' learning.
5. All students will benefit from predictable, reliable, transparent management processes and systems that build internal and external trust and contribute positively to school outcomes. 5. City Schools will be good stewards of the district resources and provide excellent customer service through innovative, integrated, responsive management practices. 6. All students will benefit from great schools that meet the needs of students and communities. 6. City Schools will increase the portfolio of great schools of all types at all levels and in all areas of the city, providing all families attractive options, bolstering public confidence and strengthening the contribution of public schools to the city's success.
- Resolution designating City Schools an inclusive, safe, and welcome district
- The district's strategic plan, approved by the Board of Commissioners in December 2015
- “A Vision for — and Commitment to — Transforming Students' Lives,” a June 2013 statement of principles, priorities, and accountability measures