Registering for Pre-k
High-quality early education provides a strong foundation for later success in school. In pre-k, children begin to discover and understand new information in the world around them, building skills they will use throughout their lives. And, in the group setting of the early learning classroom, they develop social and emotional skills.
If your child was four years old by September 1, 2017, then you may be able to enroll your child in pre-k. Space in pre-k programs is limited, so please check with your local school to find out about availability.
Children who turn four years old by September 1, 2018 can enroll in pre-k for the 2018-19 school year. Registration opens on April 16, 2018 and applications will be posted by the end of March.
How to register
To register, you'll need to follow these steps:
Community Partner Pre-k Programs
- Check to see your child's eligibility and enrollment priority.
- Locate your neighborhood school and find out about charter schools that might be right for your child and family.
- To register at a neighborhood school for the current school year, fill out the registration form. (If you are interested in a charter school for your child, please contact the school directly.)
- Gather the necessary paperwork, including
- Birth certificate or other government-issued document showing birth date
- At least two proofs of residency
- Immunization record (free immunizations are available through the City's health department)
- Lead test certificate
- Proof of current physical examination
- Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP; if applicable)
- Take the form and your paperwork to your neighborhood school. (Pre-k classes fill up quickly, so plan to register your child early!)
City Schools and the Maryland State Dept. of Education are proud to partner with the following organizations to provide pre-k at community-based programs. If you are interested in enrolling with a community partner, please reach out using the contact information below:
A World of Friends School
Address: 4701 Hazelwood Ave., Baltimore, MD 21206
Phone: (443) 835-0738
Baltimore Montessori Public Charter School
Address: 1600 Guilford Ave., Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: (410) 528-5393
The Hearing and Speech Agency
Address: 5900 Metro Dr., Baltimore, MD 21215
Phone: (410) 318-6780
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD)
Address: 3901 Greenspring Ave., Baltimore, MD 21211
Phone: (443) 923-7643
Koinonia Baptist Church
Address: 5738 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD 21206
Phone: (410) 426-0288
Little Flowers Early Childhood and Development Center, Inc.
Address: 1526 North Fremont Ave., Baltimore, MD 21217
Phone: (410) 728-2222
St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore
Address: Multiple Locations
Phone: (410) 276-5724
Union Baptist Head Start
Address: 1211 Druid Hill Ave., Baltimore, MD 21217
Phone: (410) 523-8793
Y of Central Maryland
Address: Multiple Locations
Phone: (410) 889-9622 x2135