Teachers: Building Effectiveness in the Classroom
A lot goes into ensuring that teaching and learning happen in every classroom, for every student — everything from providing books and computers, to furnishing rooms with desks and chairs, to arranging class schedules.But it is teachers who create classrooms that are full of energy and enthusiasm for learning. And effective teachers are professionals who plan, teach and then reflect and adjust their teaching to develop students' skills and abilities — and inspire kids to reach high.
Here's how City Schools attracts, supports and recognizes effective teachers:
- Recruiting great people
- Providing a clear framework for instruction
- Offering high-quality professional development
- Building systems to record information and make it available
- Partnering with the Baltimore Teachers Union
- City Schools' Teacher Effectiveness Evaluation
For more information on certification and renewal, please click here.