The Mission of the Baltimore City Public School System and Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School
The mission of City Schools, in concert with students, families, and the broader community, is to prepare all students to be responsible citizens and afford them the opportunity to acquire the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to make informed decisions that lead to meaningful and productive lives.
Every child who enters our school shall have the opportunity to develop their minds, their body and their character, to their fullest potential in order to act for the benefit of society.
We believe that Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School will develop into a community of learners where:
- Students are enthusiastic about learning.
- Students are active learners with teachers acting as facilitators of learning.
- Students are able to learn because their diverse learning needs are recognized and met.
- Students are able to demonstrate their unique talents and abilities.
- Everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- Everyone is productive and successful.