At City Springs Elementary/Middle School we believe it is never too early to promote College & Career Readiness for our students! From Pre-K to 8 Grade, there are resources you can share with your child to lay a foundation for future success. Below are links to some excellent websites. If you need any additional information, or would like to discuss your child’s college and career goals, please contact us anytime!
Krista Wible, School Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Way2Go Maryland - Get a jump start on getting prepared for college with this website. Designed for students, parents and educators, it’s filled with resources to help guide you to the college of your choice. You can explore eleven universities in Maryland, gather information on how to pay for college, and make sure you are on the right track with checklists starting in the 6th grade.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission - This website presents information about planning for college in a user friendly and engaging manner. It provides information such as a grade-by-grade planning checklist, College 411 student guide to financial aid, assessment and career planning, a calendar to assist seniors, SAT preparation, USDE preparation publication, the importance of accreditation, and much more.
- Federal Student Aid - In addition to detailed information about financial aid, this site from the US Department of Education provides information about preparing for and selecting a college.
- City Schools College Readiness Checklists - Baltimore City Schools offers a College Preparation Checklists for each school level.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - US Bureau of Labor & Statistics provides updated information about career opportunities and trends.
- O*NET Careers - The O*NET program is the nation's primary source of occupational information. Central to the project is the O*NET database, containing information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors. The database, which is available to the public at no cost, is continually updated by surveying a broad range of workers from each occupation. Information from this database forms the heart of O*NET OnLine, an interactive application for exploring and searching occupations. The database also provides the basis for our Career Exploration Tools, a set of valuable assessment instruments for workers and students looking to find or change careers.
- For Pre-k/Kindergarten - The Children’s Reading Foundation promotes school readiness for all children through early literacy and parent involvement. Get helpful tips to make sure your child is ready to learn!