DATE: August 31, 2015 (Monday)
It’s hard to believe but it’s that time of the year again – beginning of a new school year.
I am MRS. FEVIS LIMIAC, your child’s homeroom teacher for SY 2015-2016. I’ve been in the field of education for more than 20 years. I’ll be handling Life Skills class wherein your child will receive a one-to-one instruction most of the day. MRS. GILES will be the para educator and MS. HABEREK will also be assisting one of our students. I believe that your child will receive the best education when you and I work as a team. It’s a parent’s enthusiasm, support, and involvement that inspires children to do their best; and a teacher’s ability to teach are what they need to learn. Together we can achieve awesome things for the children. There’s a lot of excitement ahead of us. Please be informed of the following matters about your child’s education:
· Breakfast will be served at the cafeteria at 7:30 in the morning. Classes will start at 7:45 and ends at 2:25.
· Your child will have a HOME COMMUNICATION LOG BOOK where I will write all the things that needs to be done at home. Please sign at the bottom of each note to indicate that you have read and received all the documents that I send home.
· You can communicate with me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call between 7:00 a.m. & 7:30 a.m. at 410-396-6004.
· Your child will have academic learning areas in the classroom where he/she will be taught in a small group of two or three students. But most of the time, it will be a one-to-one instruction. Within the week, they will also have Physical education, Art, Library, and Music.
· Ipad will be used as one of the instructional materials. Students will have the opportunity to practice reading and writing using many educational apps. Most of the skills taught will be modeled through IMovie. There will be some occasions wherein your child will model some skills that they need to view regularly for mastery (e.g. folding a shirt or using a microwave oven).
· Recess will be scheduled this week. I will tell you the details as soon as they are made. Please take note that RECESS IS A PRIVILEGE. Students have to earn it by having a complete work and good behavior.
· Pease read and complete the forms that you need to sign and return to school as soon as possible:
· Emergency contact form
· Student Contact Information form
· City School’s and Media Reporting…
· Federal Impact Aid Annual Parent-Student Survey
· Bullying, Harassment Reporting (as needed)
· Dental Form
· Family Info calendar
· Code of Conduct
· Student Handbook (Pls. sign the Acknowledgement Receipt of Code of Conduct)
· Letter from Principal
I encourage you to fully embrace the moment and urge you to take the time from your busy schedule to become familiar with our school by attending the Back of School Night on September 14, 2015 (5:00p.m. – 7:00 p.m.).
Let me take this opportunity to inform you that we have a ne IEP Chairperson, Ms. Lombardi.
You are just as important to your child’s education as we are.
“GOOD BEGINNINGS NEVER END BECAUSE EVERYONE LEARNS SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY”
Your partner in your child’s success,
Fevis G. LimiacSpecial Educator (Life Skills Program )