Annual Technology Inventory – Schools
Deadline: January 5
The annual technology inventory project will begin on Tuesday, January 8. This year we have made a few changes to the process to improve the accuracy and accountability of the district’s technology devices. Schools will still be responsible for identifying Inventory Managers (IM) and updating the inventory; however, a team from ITD will be scheduled and dispatched to each school to assist each inventory manager with the data collection, verify accuracy, and answer any questions.
Please see the milestone chart below:
*Schools identify or update the Inventory Manager (IM) in the Principals’ Dashboard
For assistance updating the IM please click here.
ITD will contact schools to begin the inventory visit with the IM.
Beginning January 8
Principals and school leaders must identify a school inventory manager in the Principals’ Dashboard by January 5; for instructions or assistance please use this link. For schools using the same inventory manager as last year, please update the staff person’s “end date” for this role to June 30, 2018.
Inventory managers must meet the following criteria:
- Employees of Baltimore City Public Schools
- Able to lift a computer
- Familiar with technology devices, district inventory application, and Microsoft Excel
- Responsible for updating the inventory database and “owning” unassigned assets in your building
- Available to complete and maintain the inventory database
- Complete the online inventory training, located at this link.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the One Call Center at: 2-3000 (443-642-3000 externally). You can also reach the IT Service Support center by sending an email to: ServiceDesk@bcps.k12.md.us