All principals and assistant principals
Promoting college awareness
Schools are encouraged to communicate or participate in the following activities to raise college awareness among students and families for College Awareness Month.
- October 30 and 31: Baltimore National College Fair: School counselors and college access leads should register students individually for this free, public event with 300 college admission representatives at the Baltimore Convention Center.
- November 3: Register Fee-Waiver Eligible Seniors for the December SAT
- Continue Completion of the FAFSA: Visit https://fafsa.ed.gov/ to learn more. There will be more districtwide FAFSA initiatives coming soon as the application went live on October1st.
- November 17: College Gear Day: Teachers and staff are encouraged to wear clothing or gear from their alma mater.
- November 18: Baltimore Education Scholarship Trust “Starting the College Conversation” event for 8thand 9th graders.
- December 4: Congressman Elijah Cummings’ How to Pay for College Seminar, held at MICA’s Brown Center, 3100 Mt. Royal Ave, 5-8 pm.
If you conduct your own College Awareness Month activities, please use #CollegeAwarenessMonth2017 on your social media.
For questions, contact Daniel Heller in the department of College and Career Readiness at email@example.com.