Improving student academic achievement is up to us all: parents and guardians, children, and the entire school staff. There's a lot you can do to help your child and we are depending on your support. Remember, you are your child's first and most important teacher.
Thank you for sharing your commitment to us through our Home-School Compact and I'd like to share my commitment with you:
Principal's Personal Commitment
- My behavior sets the tone for every relationship of the Abbottston community.
- The community's point of view is taken seriously
- My daily commitment is to utilize my educational skills to provide each member of the community with a “satisfying” experience every time they interact with a member of Abbottston.
- I will use my leadership skills and treat all members with mutual trust, respect and dignity.
- My staff supports my efforts to satisfy the members of our community and I support theirs.
Remember our open door policy where you are invited to come in and observe the teaching and learning activities that are happening here at Abbottston.
As you know we must meet the Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) standard this year and we are confident that we can do it with your support. Remember our boys and girls must be successful in all areas of their academic program but particularly the areas of reading, math and science.
Please spend at least 15-30 minutes a night with your child going over their homework. If you believe that your child is having difficulties with any of his/her subject areas please do not hesitate to make an appointment with your child's teacher.