HHA Family and Community Overview
Hampstead Hill Academy offers parents and community members various opportunities during the course of the school year to be an active part of the school community.
- Parents are invited to sit down with the principal and "Chat with Matt." These are informal gatherings where parents have an opportunity to hear from the principal and to speak one-on-one with him regarding their concerns.
- Parents and community members are invited to attend School-Family Council meetings. These meetings are held once a month on Wednesdays at 3 pm. During these meetings decisions are made that bring positive changes to the school.
- During the spring of the year, parents and community members are invited to take an active part in the decision making process of the school budget.
- Workshops are held to provide parents with information on an array of subjects.
- Community dinners along with entertainment and art expos are held several times during the school year. This gives families and community members an evening full of fun and food at a very reasonable price.
- Volunteer opportunities are a part of our school culture. If you would like to volunteer, please fill in the Volunteer Application and return it to school.
Parents can also take part in evenings to celebrate student success and attend Open House activities. In May, there are three nights of outdoor concerts featuring live music, food and fun for the entire family. Additionally, HHA has a very active PTO with meetings and fundraisers held throughout the school year. All activities are posted monthly online and in the monthly news magazine.