Hampstead Hill Academy Overview
Hampstead Hill Academy is operated by the Baltimore Curriculum Project, a local nonprofit organization celebrating nearly a decade of service and student learning in Baltimore.
- 801 Prek-8th grade students.
- HHA is a tuition-free, top ranking Baltimore public charter school based on test scores, key statistics, and parent ratings.
- We choose our own curriculum, decide who to hire when there is a need, and have the control to make all day-to-day budget decisions in the best interests of our students.
- 100% of our kindergartners learn to read.We emphasize fluency and accuracy in reading.
- Knowledge, rigor and mastery are key components of our instructional program.
- For the 2015-2016 school year, 40 of our 62 eighth grade students were admitted to their first choice high school. Selections included: City College, Western High School, Polytechnic High School, Notre Dame Preparatory School, The Bard School, Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, City Neighbors, and the Baltimore Design School.
- We offer physical education, instrumental music, band, health, art, library, nutrition class, drama, nature exploration and Spanish language as well as a quality before and after-school care program.
- Students take part in a variety of activities and field trips that provides the opportunity to encounter and explore novel learning in an authentic setting.
- We have two full-time nurses to service the medical needs of our students.
- There is a full-time music teacher as well as an art teacher.
- We have an orchestra with violins, cellos and violas.
- We have a band with nearly 70 instruments.
- We have a vibrant array of clubs like Audubon, Girl Scouts, baseball, basketball, fitness, ceramics, robotics and much more.
- We have Family Academic Nights, Student Celebration Nights, Community Arts Nights which are opportunities that foster and promote parent engagement and celebrate student, family or community achievements!
- We have live outdoor music festivals featuring professional artists three times a year.
- We also produce a spring musical each year. Past shows include Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Hairspray. Historically, we’ve performed every nightly show to a sold out audience.
- We also have a PTO that coordinates many of the fundraisers throughout the course of the school year and adds support to various programs in the building.