We have several layers of support for students at FAET.
3-Tier Academic Prevention Intervention
- This support is provided by our teachers
- Tier 1 - School-wide prevention efforts have been established to promote learning for all students
- Tier 2 - Students identified as being at-risk of experiencing problems receive supplemental or small group interventions
- Tier 3 - An additional layer of intensive supports is provided to address the needs of students and the goal is to remediate existing problems and prevent more severe problems.
- After school academic support provided by teachers to review, re-address and reinforce skills that students find difficult to grasp.
Student Support Team (SST)
- Is comprised of staff members from FAET and parents
- All members work together to help ensure student success
- Meets after students have been referred for academic or behavioral concerns
- Provides and monitors strategies used to improve academic and/or behavior concerns.
- Develops 504 plans for students with disabilities who need additional assistance.
Child Study Team (CST)
- Is comprised of staff members from FAET and parents and we determine the most appropriate educational program for children classified with disabilities.
- Will develop, review, and modify Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- This program addresses the mental
health counseling needs of adolescents at FAET.
- It is a school-wide practice
- We work to build classroom communities that are supported by clear agreements, authentic communication.
- We use specific tools to bring issues and conflicts forward in a helpful way which assists us in restoring relationships.