It is very important that each child receive a meaningful, quality education. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to become actively involved in their child’s education. Here are some things that all parents/guardians can do:
- Join the PTO and become an active member. Volunteer.
- Stay in touch with the school’s Parent Representative.
- Make certain your child understands the importance that you place on education.
- Encourage acceptable behavior. Teach children that school rules are necessary for their safety, success and well-being.
- Actively monitor what your child wears to school. We have a uniform dress code policy that requires decency, modesty and safety.
- Do not allow your child to bring items to school that violate any school rules. Read the City Schools Code of Conduct together.
- Encourage your child to participate in after school clubs, programs, coaching, and tutoring.
- Establish a designated study area where your child may study and complete assignments. Monitor his/her studies and assignments.
- Actively look through notebooks to find out what your child is doing in each class.
- Maintain contact with your child’s teachers, administrators, and advisors.
- Attend PTO, Back-to-School, conferences and other scheduled meetings.
- Establish rules and regulations for completing homework, going to bed, and getting up for school.
- Remember that you are the role model with the most influence on your child.
Parent-Teacher Conferences may be scheduled any day of the week, at the parent’s and teacher’s discretion. Parents and teachers may schedule conferences, via phone call or email communication.