Ready, Responsible, Respectful, & Resilient... The Yorkwood Way!
Yorkwood Elementary School fosters a culture of care, collaboration, and accountability with our end goal of career and college readiness for all students, without remediation. We will foster, in collaboration with our students, families, and community, an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, order, and effort. We value education and hold everyone responsible for being a learner, teacher, and a leader.
Our mission is to become a high performing school that engages all students in highly engaging and rigorous instruction. We will provide intervention supports to scaffold learning and provide challenge for students through enrichment tasks.
- Our students will be challenged to think critically and creatively, read and write complex text, and collaborate with others to analyze and solve problems.
- We will foster technological literacy for students to be able to compete in the global 21stcentury.
- We will provide a safe and orderly learning environment with the commitment that everyone is accountable to our community.
- Our staff will utilize data and research-based strategies to improve instructional practices leading to increased student achievement.
- We will foster parent and community engagement and collaboration to support student achievement.
- We are committed to a high standard of professionalism.We hold each person who enters our school to a high standard of respect and courtesy at all times. We value our students and will make every decision with our students’ best interest at heart (instructional, human resources, resources, and discipline).
Here at Yorkwood Elementary School, we offer our students an extraordinary place to learn and grow. Our staff works diligently to challenge students, provide a safe and supportive learning environment, and engage all members of our school community. We are Y.E.S. – Ready, Responsible, Respectful, and Resilient!
Yorkwood Fun Facts
Name: Yorkwood Elementary School
School Number: #219
Enrollment: Approximately 450 students
School Colors: Red & White
School Dress Code: We are a uniform school. Our dress code is blue or navy bottoms and white or navy shirts along with closed-in shoes.