Communication is important and FSK PTO has been working with the school and parents to find the best ways to communicate. The list below compiles all the different ways you can stay in touch with the school, PTO, and your student’s teachers to stay on top of what is happening.
1. Classroom Parent (Very Important to sign up for: PLEASE DO SO IF YOU HAVE NOT)
* A personalized weekly message of upcoming events, messages, and newsletter from Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School and teachers. You will get a weekly email from any group, classroom, or grade event (as teachers and aftercare providers utilize it!) involving your students are associated with or any school wide event that occurs in the next 2 weeks.
2. School Website * http://www.baltimorecityschools.org/Domain/1287
* A great resource for overall everything about FSK.
3. Campus Portal or Infinite Campus * http://www.baltimorecityschools.org/campus
* A 24 hour access to your child’s attendance, schedules and grades. This is operated by City Schools and is replacing Parent Portal. You need a unique activation code to register. These letters went home with your child’s code at the start of year- if you are missing yours, please contact Stacy Ridgeway at FSK: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-396-1503.
4. Yahoo Group List Serve: fskparents
* This list serve is intended as an informal means of communication between FSK parents (e.g post a question, post a community event you think parents would be interested in). To request to join the group please email the moderator at email@example.com
5. Facebook Page: Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School
* A place to find events, fundraisers, and fun things going on with FSK.
6. Classroom Dojo
· A lot of parents have asked about Class Dojo- this is a web based app that tracks the points your kid is earning for good behavior in the classroom. Note that some teachers are using the web based app, but others are just sending home a daily or weekly behavior chart. Ask your teacher if they are using it and they will give you the login info.