We at Baltimore Medical System are happy to be the provider of health care services at Tench Tilghman. The function of the School Based Health Center (SBHC) staff is to treat illness and injuries that occur during the course of the school day that may cause children to miss school, and provide wellness and prevention education and guidance.
Our high qualified staff consists of a Medical Assistant, a Registered Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner or a doctor. Our goal is to serve students in a timely manner so they may return to class. We ask that the following guidelines are followed when students are sent to the health center so the staff can return the child back to the classroom expediently.
1. Students must have a completed health center pass signed by the teacher or office staff. Students will not be seen without a completed pass or staff escort unless it is an emergency.
2. Once the student is evaluated and/or treated the student will be either sent back to class with a pass or sent to the main office with a recommendation for early dismissal. If it is determined that the student needs to be sent home, students will not be dismissed without permission from a parent or authorized emergency contact.
3. Hours of operation will be 8 A.M. until 4:30 P.M.
4. If the health suite is full, students with non-urgent matters will be sent back to class and told to return at a specific time.
5. Please be sure to turn in all health suite related documentation to the health suite. Please don’t hold onto them or make copies of these documents as they are protected health information by law. Please see the nurse if you would like to see the HIPPA Privacy Act that [protects students health information.