Annual Operating Budget
The Board of School Commissioners approved the FY18 operating budget at its public meeting on May 23, 2017.
- Operating budget 2017-18 | Presupuesto operativo 2017-18
- May 23 presentation to the Board of School Commissioners
- Individual school budgets
Financial recovery plan
In developing the FY18 operating budget, City Schools identified a structural budget gap exceeding $100 million. The gap was closed through cost-cutting and provision of additional resources from the city and state.
As part of House Bill 684 passed during the 2017 General Session, the Maryland General Assembly required the Board of School Commissioners to prepare a financial recovery plan for the district. The plan was submitted to the city and state on August 1, 2017, and can be downloaded here.
Past year budgets
The documents linked below are in PDF format
- 2016-17 (FY17) operating budget and FY17 financial statement
- 2015-16 (FY16) operating budget and companion to the budget document
- 2014-15 (FY15) operating budget
For more information or other past years' budget documents, contact the budget department within City Schools' Finance Office.