Marnell Cooper, Committee Chair
The mission of the Operations Committee is to ensure:
- Effective management systems exist that maximize available resources that are used to support increased student achievement
- School environments are safe, caring, and physically conducive for learning
- Transformational leadership exists at all levels of the organization.
- The internal and external audit findings and recommendations are adequately addressed in a timely manner by serving as the Internal Audit Committee of the Board.
- All financial and audit issues (both external and internal) that may have a significant impact on City Schools' activities are monitored
Strategic Planning Committee
Lisa Akchin, Committee Chair
Teaching and Learning Committee
Shanaysha Sauls, Committee Chair
The mission of the Teaching and Learning Committee is to ensure excellence in education, for every student at every level by:
- Assuring the implementation of ongoing professional development for teachers and principals
- Disseminating teaching and learning best practices to teachers and principals and tracking how they are adopted
- Monitoring instructional programs to provide principals and teachers with ongoing assessments of students’ learning needs and achievement