Teacher and principal SLO deadlines [DEADLINE UPDATED 11/20/17]
Deadlines: October 27, November 17 November 27
Both classroom teachers and principals have student learning objectives (SLOs) as part of their annual evaluations. This is based on job title, and for BTU employees, only those evaluated with the Teacher Effectiveness Evaluation participate in the SLO process. Access dates for employee evaluation systems and links to Fall 2017 evaluation tasks were shared in the October 5 Leadership Action Update. Please be aware of the SLO deadlines, steps, responsibilities, and resources for teachers and principals listed below.
Steps in the SLO Cycle
Friday, October 27
Employee submits SLO learning target or SLO exemption request on Blackboard
· Communicating with teachers about SLO timelines and resources
· Submitting their own SLO on Blackboard
Supervisor responds to SLO forms on Blackboard, and employee updates as needed
· Reviewing and providing actionable feedback on all teacher SLOs
· Updating their own SLO as needed based on feedback
Friday, November 17
8:00 a.m., Monday, November 27
Supervisor approves all SLO learning targets or SLO exemption requests on Blackboard
· Approving all teacher SLOs and exemption requests on Blackboard
· Documenting supports and communication for teacher SLOs that continue not to adhere to applicable guidance
Employees who do not have an approved SLO learning target or SLO exemption in the appropriate electronic system will receive a score of “25” on the SLO component of their 2017-18 evaluation. For additional information, review the Teacher Effectiveness Evaluation webpage.
For guidance, principals and teachers can access SLO-related resources on Blackboard. In addition, SLO ambassadors are resources for their peers and can schedule support sessions as needed to ensure clear communication around resources and deadlines.
For questions, email SLO@bcps.k12.md.us.