Principals and assistant principals
Conference for Family and Community Engagement
Deadline: October 10
School-based Title I family and community engagement leads, principals, parent leaders, community school coordinators, and designees are invited to attend a professional development session from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., on Friday, October 13, at the New Psalmist Baptist Church Conference Center (6020 Mariam Drive). All Title I schools are required to send at least one representative. Attendees must register by noon on Tuesday, October 10.
Participants will learn ways to engage families and community members in the district’s blueprint for student success and in strategies to support academic achievement. Topics will include:
- Baltimore Learns Every Day (home-school literacy campaign)
- Channeling student voice through hip-hop and literacy
- Family engagement in PBIS
- Trauma-informed family and community engagement
- Parent and family leadership
- Family and community volunteer engagement
- Advocacy and decision: School family councils
- 2017-18 services and supports for Title I schools to improve spending and ensure the effective implementation of parent and family engagement plans
The event will include remarks from CEO Santelises and an opening address by Dionne Joyner-Weems, City Schools parent and vice president of marketing at Visit Baltimore. Breakout sessions will be led by members of the Family and Community Engagement team and community and school partners.
For questions, email the Family and Community Engagement department at firstname.lastname@example.org.