2017-18 United Way Baltimore City Schools Campaign
Deadline: September 28 Please encourage all staff members to support the United Way Baltimore City Schools Campaign which begins on Monday, October 9. The district’s goal for this year is to raise $250,000, with 100% participation from all City Schools staff. Employees can contribute to any eligible 501(c)3 charity, including schools and education-related programs. As in the past, staff can opt for paycheck deductions throughout the year to make the process easier for both donors and recipients. All donations have a real and positive impact on the children and families of Baltimore City.
Principals should identify a staff member willing to volunteer as school campaign coordinator for the United Way Baltimore City Schools Campaign by Thursday, September 28. Campaign coordinators will:
- Serve as the school or office point of contact throughout the campaign
- Attend training in room 115 in Banneker Hall at the Baltimore Polytechnic Institute (1400 W. Cold Spring Lane), on one of the below days to learn about the campaign, develop a plan of action, and suggest ways to maximize campaign results
- Wednesday, October 4: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 5: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Promote the campaign
- Meet regularly with a United Way campaign executive to discuss campaign activities
- Encourage online giving and distribute/collect pledge cards
- Develop meaningful ways to thank campaign donors
For questions, contact Mark Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Achievement and Accountability Office.