1. Apply via the iRecruitment system.
Set up an account as a potential new employee or log in as an existing City Schools employee. Select "Teacher" as the Job Type and click "Search." (Note: it is not possible to apply for a specific position at a specific school. Click here for frequently asked questions.)
Please include all of the following documents:
- Transcripts, including degrees conferred and Praxis scores (or scores on tests taken outside of Maryland)
- Valid teaching certificate, if applicable (read more about certification)
- Three professional references (letters can be attached)
- Verification of past employment as a full-time teacher (for candidates with prior teaching experience, for salary credit)
2. Await contact by district staff member or school leader.
Eligible candidates will be contacted by a staff member from the Human Capital Office or will be scheduled for an interview with a school leader. Applications must include all the required documents listed under item 1, above, for candidates to be considered.
3. Receive recommendation for hire and verification of eligibility, based on subject taught and job title.For teaching positions in grades 7 to 12, candidates must have an endorsement in the subject area they will be teaching.
4. Receive official offer of employment.
Please note that City School's Human Capital Office — not the school leader — is the final hiring authority and will approve all hires and issue all official hire letters.