Preparing for PARCC administrationAll principals / Deadline: April 18
In preparation for the upcoming PARCC administration (April 18 - June 5), please review the following information:
For questions, email Carol Wilson in the Achievement and Accountability Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.Click here for other items in the April 6, 2017 Leadership Action Update.
- All students must be present at their schools during state-mandated testing.
- According to the Maryland State Department of Education, parents and guardians do not have legal authority to opt their children out of statewide assessments such as HSA or PARCC.
- Students refusing to participate in statewide assessments still need to attend school and must sit in their scheduled class assessment room.
- Students who are purposefully absent or “boycotting” the statewide assessment will be considered unlawfully truant and subject to discipline outlined within the Code of Conduct for an unexcused absence.
- PARCC assessments that are required for graduation include Algebra I and English 10.
- PARCC assessments that are used to meet the requirements for the Maryland College and Career Readiness and College Completion Act of 2013 include Algebra II and English 11.
- Spring 2017 PARCC assessment scores will be used for calculating composite scores for the 2018-19 middle/high school choice process.