Baltimore City Public Schools is committed to ensuring excellent teaching and learning in every classroom. As part of this commitment, the public was asked to help celebrate and recognize exceptional educators by nominating them for the 2017 Teacher of the Year award by Thursday, February 9. Thank you to all the school leaders, teachers, staff, students for nominating so many educators who are making a difference in our schools each day.
Each candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum five years' teaching experience by June 2017
- Currently a full-time classroom, resource, or media teacher who spends the majority of time teaching
- Demonstrated leadership
- Intention to remain in the classroom for the 2017-18 school year
- Role model in the school and community
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Nominated teachers will be contacted and invited to submit an application to compete for the award. The winner will then compete for the honor of the 2017 Maryland State Teacher of the Year.